Subject: Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

Re: report on accessibility problems of rockbox utility

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:49:29 +0100

> Hi Alex,
>
> I didn't mean your question was OT, I meant my interjection! I was simply
> trying to say that once you can use RBUtil then the pool issue is a
> non-issue.
>
> If you could maybe have a sighted user configure the TTS options in RBUtil
> (a one-off thing), then it sounds like you'll be able to use it via the
> menu bar: Actions > Accessibility > Create Voice File, then ALT-I (for
> Install). The following keystrokes are equivalent: ALT-S, A, V, ALT-I.
>
> None of this should (of course) put you and Dominik off fixing up the Jaws
> issues, but I hope it's helpful - probably easier than mucking about with
> Cygwin, I'd think.
Yes eventually I would like to switch to using rbutil for voice generation,
however as well as the jaws issues, there is still that bug in qt which has
been reported that means voices are not listed, meaning if I understand it
right, that once I select sapi I can't select a particular voice I want to
use for voice generation. Unless of course the utility will use the voice I
have as my default system voice, which is a partial work around though not
ideal as it would be good to select what sapi voice to use from within the
utility.