Subject: Re: question about hid in rockbox

Re: question about hid in rockbox

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 18:18:59 +0100

On Sunday 17 May 2009 15:49, Tomer Shalev wrote:

> In order for Rockbox to access other USB device, it has to act as a USB
> host. This can only be done providing the USB controller (and software...)
> supports USB On-The-Go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go). I
> think this is the case with Sansa E200, and probably other players as well
> (the docs of the USB controller have OTG stuff, but it might be
> disabled/removed in HW).
>
> I am not familiar with any OF that implements and uses OTG.

The iRiver H3xx models, at least, have a USB Host socket as well as a USB
Device socket. I have no idea whether the Host socket is currently supported
by Rockbox' USB stack, or how many other players have a similar arrangement,
but on these players the Original Firmware supports plugging in USB storage
devices and transferring files between the two "drives", although it's not
possible to play music directly from the "remote" drive.

Antony.

--
This is not a rehearsal.
This is Real Life.