Subject: Re: question about using svn

Re: question about using svn

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:48:33 +0100

  Am 19.05.2009 22:10, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:

2009/5/19 alex wallis <>:
I have a question about using svn that I hope someone can help me with. How
do I get a diff created showing me the differences between the local version
of a file, and the latest version on svn?
I tried the command svn diff talk.c from the apps folder, and my computer
sat there for a bit before returning me to the prompt in cygwin. It didn't
create a diff showing me the differences.
Any help would be appreciated.

amazingly.. if there is nothing changed, it wont display any changes!
  He's missing the > (as in: svn diff > talk.c), that's why it's doing nothing.
  Thanks for your help, I tried the command you suggested, svn diff > talk.c from the apps folder, and I am still getting nothing.
  Where exactly should the diff files be being placed? and am I right in thinking it would be called something like talk.c.diff?
  I looked in the apps folder but can't see anything like that.
  I no there are differences between my local and svn copies, as I have got r.20976 on my computer, and talk.c was updated in r.20977. The reason I want to know about the exact differences is because a few patches I run have stopped working so I want to see if its just a case of changing line numbers in them, or if I have to do something a bit more substantial.