Subject: Re: question about using svn

Re: question about using svn

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:26:30 +0100

> alex wallis wrote:
>> I no there are differences between my local and svn copies, as I have
>> got r.20976 on my computer, and talk.c was updated in r.20977. The reason
>> I want to know about the exact differences is because a few patches I run
>> have stopped working so I want to see if its just a case of changing line
>> numbers in them, or if I have to do something a bit more substantial.
>>

> You didn't mention that you were trying to diff between two SVN revisions.
> Most people were giving you help on how to diff between locally modified
> files and whatever revision your local copy was.
>
> Try "svn diff -r 20976:20977 talk.c" I think.**

Hi thanks for your help, I got a bit more in the diff than I needed, as it
gave me a full diff between r.20976 and r. 20977 but I still got the info I
needed now I just need to figure out what to do with these stupid patches
lol I am hoping its just going to be a case of changing line numbering
slightly..