Subject: Re: Sansa e200 battery charging (bug?)

Re: Sansa e200 battery charging (bug?)

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:34:17 -0400

> Am I correct that it is the hardware that
> sets the CHG_ENDOFCH bit in the AS3514_IRQ_ENRD0 register? Under what
> conditions does the hardware do this? Is there a way I can check to see
if
> this is what is happening?
>
> Tony

According to the datasheet, the hardware sets this bit when the current into
the battery drops to 10% of the nominal setting. So, take this to mean that
if the CC charge phase is set at 500mA, then the bit is set when the current
drops to 50mA, normally during the CV phase. If no or low current flow is
detected because of some problem, I'd imagine that the hardware might set
the bit almost immediately which would make the code go back to discharging
state. Note that I'm just guessing at the underlying problem. Perhaps try
plugging the device from the battery info screen and see if the 'Charging'
state appears for a short time.

Mike