Subject: Re: question about sleep timer code

Re: question about sleep timer code

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:37:47 -0700

2009/5/26 alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>:
> Hi list.
> Today I decided to sit down and have a real serious go at getting fs#8630
> working with current svn code.
> Luckily two of the files were fairly easy to fix, and I was able to work out
> where the code should go in the latest file versions.
> However, I am not at all sure about what needs to be done in
> /apps/menus/main_menu.c
> A lot of the code looks broadly the same, however I am finding the code a
> little bit hard to read, as there don't seem to be many comments in this
> section, and there seem to have been a few changes to main_menu.c since the
> last sync of the patch that I have which is for r. 18277.
> I would appreciate any advice. I can post the latest sync I do have to the
> tracker if that would help. There are just a few lines that have been added
> in since the last sync
>
> As far as I can tell, fs#8630 simply moves most of the code relating to the
> sleep timer into /apps/settings_list.c out of main_menu.c it also adds an
> int into settings.h
> the things that I am not sure about when I am resyncing are an if statement
> that relates to if a target has an rtc, if I need to stick that in
> /apps/settings_list.c as it is bundled in with the sleep timer code.
> There are also bits of code that relate to rounding up of values. So I would
> appreciate some advice. Let me no and I can stick the last sync of the patch
> up on the tracker.
> I hope it was ok to post this question to the list.
> Thanks for any help.
> Alex.

yes this is the right list for it...

I can't see anything difficult about syncing that, its all code which
is just moved from one file to another (like you said), so just put it
anywhere at the top of settings_list.c.
I'm pretty sure that the sleep timer doesnt need the rtc, so make sure
the code is all outside of any #if blocks.