Subject: Re: 3.3 release timeline?

Re: 3.3 release timeline?

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:46:50 +0200

Rafaël Carré schrieb:
>> And to get it into rbutil, we really need to be able to build it as
>> native and fat (both x86 and ppc in one) binary.
>
> VideoLAN project has both x86 and ppc computers to build VLC binaries,
> I have access to a x86 and surely could access a ppc one, but I
> couldn't test binaries (I don't have supported players anyway).
>
> Also I don't know if a binary built on 10.5 will run on 10.4

You dont need different computers to build the fat binarys. Its possible
to build both on any mac. (like we do for rbutil).

And of course we dont need rbutil support on all major OS to get the
gigabeast out to the masses.
But we should probably differentiate between "supported" and "released".

So to get gigabeast supported we only need some install method, and the
target should have no critical bugs. No rbutil support needed, and no
need for all 3 archs. We should probably try to get new targets to
"supported" as early as possible.

For release, i think, we really should have rbutil support and have it
working on all platforms. As well as all major features working, and
stable on the target in question.

(Just as a reminder: we already have targets which are supported, but
not released: iaudio m3).