Subject: Re: Help improve Rockbox - call for translators

Re: Help improve Rockbox - call for translators

From: Jonas Hggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:26:35 +0200

Anton Veretenenko wrote:
> Is it possible to make strings description more informative? I mean
> what does current string represent, which action or function it
> describes.
> For example:
> LANG_BEEP
> it, is it right?)
> English: Track Skip Beep
>
> If it's possible then translating can be easier and more people can be
> involved in.

You're right - the developers who add new strings unfortunately generally
tend to write very poor descriptions. It would be great to get improved
descriptions, but this is hard work. I'm not sure how to improve this
situation, other than someone paying a lot of attention to these strings.

--
Jonas Hggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk