Subject: GSoC status update: USB stack development

GSoC status update: USB stack development

From: Tomer Shalev <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:24:14 +0300

Hello Rockboxers,

I just posted "FS#10326 <> - USB
HID sample application".
This patch allows the DAP to send keystrokes of a regular keyboard.
Currently it enumerates well, but Windows does not seem to accept the sent
key. I could made the DAP enumerate as a dual-HID device (regular keyboard +
consumer device), but that requires additional endpoints from the USB
controller, but on many platforms there are only three endpoints (ep0 for
control, ep1 for mass device, and ep2 for HID). So I am trying to build the
HID report myself, but Windows don't seem to like it. I had used an USB
analyzer device in the past, but now I no longer have such, and it is much
harder for me to work without such device, therefore I need any kind of help
from those who are familiar with USB.