Subject: Sansa View - weekly update

Sansa View - weekly update

From: Robert Keevil <rkeevil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:30:53 -0500

Hi,

I've been investigating the PP6100 SoC used in the View, looking for
similarities between it and the previous generation PP502X. Many
registers match up with the PP502X (GPIOs, Mailboxes, Cache & CPU
control etc), I just found that the 6100 seems to have an additional 4
GPIOs (for example see 0xBE64 in the 01.01.06a bootloader).

By experimenting with code (GPIOs only) on the device I've found out how
to control turn on and off the button lights as well as the LCD
backlight. In addition I can corrupt (skew) the display and then
restore it to normal, and also turn the entire display white. I am
hoping to reference these locations to the disassembly, with the aim of
tracking down the LCD init and writing code, although I have yet to find
these.

Cheers,

Robert