Subject: Re: committal of patch

Re: committal of patch

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:46:16 +0200

On 14.06.2009 14:27, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> alex wallis schrieb:
>> Hi list.
>> I was wondering, is there any chance of getting fs #10311 commited
>> please?
>> [...]
>
> I too think it should be committed, but as of now, it doesn't provide a
> setting and will beep for sighted users too.

But with a setting it will be considered settings bloat and will have
even less chances to be committed.

I think it would be good to have a setting (or a setting group) "When to
beep". There are some events (two come instantly to my mind: track skip
and list wrap, but there may be others) that could require a beep. We
can discuss what events may require this and create the corresponding
settings.