Subject: Re: committal of patch

Re: committal of patch

From: Thomas Martitiz <s0523936_at_htw-berlin.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:52:53 +0200

Am 14.06.2009 15:40, schrieb Paul Louden:
> Accessibility features shouldn't be grouped as a single setting, nor
> should they be named "accessibility" if they aren't exclusively used
> for that. Voice, for example, is plenty useful to sighted users trying
> to use their player more safely in the car.
>
> It's possible that they could all be placed under a "Voice and
> Accessibility" submenu though, so that it mitigates settings bloat by
> having them all behind a single gateway menu.
>
> And this setting shouldn't be dependent upon voice. There's no reason
> to force it on people using voice who don't want beeps too.

Also, I just figured that voicing is on by default (for menus, not for
file and directory names) which is certainly a good thing. But beep
would be on by default then too, not that good.

I agree on the "Voice and Accessibility" submenu. Maybe we could put the
track skip beep into that too then.

Best regards.