Subject: Wavpack Hybrid Decoding Status

Wavpack Hybrid Decoding Status

From: Bryan Jacobs <>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:20:18 -0400

I delayed my status report a little bit so I could report the following:

Wavpack hybrid lossless decoding works!

- Codec only functions on a PC right now because two-file buffering is
  not implemented
- Hybrid stereo only, haven't bothered with mono yet (who has HYBRID
  LOSSLESS mono files?)
- Code handles a whole buffer instead of a small chunk at a time
- No seeking yet
- Minimal error handling for matching the wrong correction file with a
  lossy file

The hybrid lossless support patch is at
For testing, use a slightly modified version of my PC codec-executor at .

The next step is to implement two-file (or multi-file) buffering so
that this can work on a real target.

Bryan Jacobs