Subject: Wavpack Hybrid Decoding Status

Wavpack Hybrid Decoding Status

From: Bryan Jacobs <no_at_landwarsin.asia>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:20:18 -0400

I delayed my status report a little bit so I could report the following:

Wavpack hybrid lossless decoding works!

Limitations:
- Codec only functions on a PC right now because two-file buffering is
  not implemented
- Hybrid stereo only, haven't bothered with mono yet (who has HYBRID
  LOSSLESS mono files?)
- Code handles a whole buffer instead of a small chunk at a time
- No seeking yet
- Minimal error handling for matching the wrong correction file with a
  lossy file

The hybrid lossless support patch is at http://q3q.us/hybrid.patch
For testing, use a slightly modified version of my PC codec-executor at
http://q3q.us/codec-executor.tar.bz2 .

The next step is to implement two-file (or multi-file) buffering so
that this can work on a real target.

Bryan Jacobs