Subject: Re: another suggestion for committal

Re: another suggestion for committal

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:39:24 -0500

alex wallis wrote:
> I agree about not over using the beep, however do you really need a
> huge speech message to tell you either the player is charging or the
> charger has been disconnected? the beep_tune patch allows a sequence
> of beeps differing in duration and length to play to give us an
> instant notification if the charger has been connected or disconnected.

Someone who's never used Rockbox before will know what's happening when
a voice says "Charger Connected" or "USB Mode" or "Charger Disconnected"
or "USB Disconnected." Meanwhile, a new user will have no clue what
"Beep beep beeeeeeeeep" means without having to reference a manual,
something that may not be an option the first time they encounter it.