Subject: Re: Advanced Solution

Re: Advanced Solution

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:45:12 +0100

> To add to the beep feature discussion in WM6 when you have lots of
> contacts and start scrolling through them for a few seconds you get a
> large letter appear on the screen which you then scroll through the
> alphabet rather than the contacts. This allows you to jump to the
> contact beginning with that letter very quickly.
>
> With speech and this feature in Rockbox it would allow much more
> efficient track/dir finding in Rockbox for both sighted and non sighted
> users.

So have I understood your suggestion right, what you are suggesting is that
if a person is scrolling through a large list of files by holding down up or
down instead of moving through the list of files they get taken to a list of
the alphabet, from which they then select a given letter and once selected
are jumped to the start of the section in there list of files that begins
with that letter?
I hope my message is clear.
The question is though how would you deal with numbers and non alphabet
characters with such a feature? I think this feature would have to have some
kind of setting as well.