Subject: State of "numerical sorting"

State of "numerical sorting"

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:31:18 +0200

Hello,

as a new release is about to show up the question about this
"numerical sorting" rises again. As far as I can tell nothing happend
in that camp:
We have no specification about how its supposed to work, no consens
upon such a specification and therefore also no verification if the
implementation matches the specification. Furthermore, while we like
to direct our users to the manual we are not able to correctly
describe this feature due to this.

From my point of view this "numerical sorting" should get disable in
3.3 again, following the same reasons as for 3.2

Comments? Who disagrees?

- Dominik