Subject: Re: State of "numerical sorting"

Re: State of "numerical sorting"

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:24:14 +0200

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:22:58AM +0200, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Paul Louden schrieb:
>> pondlife wrote:
>>> Anyway, for those who actually use it (or want to use it), what are
>>> the actual outstanding issues?
>>>
>> Well, among other things, there's an outstanding bug report on it
>> messing up the sorting of files with roman numerals. So it seems to be
>> acting on more than just 0-9 and doing something unexpected.
> I can't find this bug report.

(Already pointed out in IRC, but for the record) It's FS#10200.

My view on this is that we should leave natsort in, but make the
traditional ascii sort the default for 3.3, and add a note to the
release notes stating that it may not be in its final form, so exact
behaviour could change in future versions.

Frank