Subject: Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

From: Bryan Childs <godeater_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:25:09 +0100

2009/6/16 Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>

> And just for the record, I never was annoyed or frustrated by the
> splash. Having it disappear by the first button press would be nice
> though, and most likely a much better solution. At least IMO.

Ditto. I've never found these splashes annoying at all. They're a convenient
way to convey information - you need to do that somehow, and they make the
most sense to me.

I'm also in agreement with Jens - strongly against timeout / dismissable
splashes for the same reason he states. I find it tough enough at the moment
with some of the time dependent buttons pushes (STOP on the ipod being a
prime example, it's very tough to get that and not accidentally shut the
player down). Adding more time dependent button pushes seems a very bad idea
to me, as does extending the time a splash is displayed for.

I'm all for keeping the old behaviour thanks.

Bryan