Subject: Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 01:10:36 -0700

2009/6/17 pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>:
>>> If any splash is dismissable with any button and the keypress is not
>>> eaten it would be making the handling less timing dependent IMO.
>
> Absolutely - as somebody who often uses Rockbox without being able to see
> the screen, I think this is the main improvement of the proposed change.

In case you miss it on IRC.... this is a bad idea...
1) it means alot of work, there are IIRC 800+ splashes in the code
atm, every one will need to be fixed to make sure they work as
expected (the very least each will need is to add a "action = " before
every splash call
2) I would think it would lead to more confusion if you are looking at
the screen... especially if you go into a splash loop (which would be
trivial to do... just keep pressing SELECT...)
3) the splash could be called in any screen which means the screen's
action context needs to be passed in...

and with that said, I'm going to bed