Subject: Customizable Long vs. Short button press

Customizable Long vs. Short button press

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:20:33 +0200

On 17.06.2009 08:25, Bryan Childs wrote:

> I find it tough enough at the
> moment with some of the time dependent buttons pushes (STOP on the ipod
> being a prime example, it's very tough to get that and not accidentally
> shut the player down).

Which reminds me of the FS#9356 -- a patch that allows the user to set
what is considered a short and what a long key press. So that everyone
can adjust it to their own "finger speed." This is like the feature in
Windows (at least) where it's possible to tell what is considered a
double mouse click and what is considered as two separate mouse clicks
(please don't start the debate about how good/bad double mouse clicks
are :-).

But long button presses are used at so many places in Rockbox UI that it
would be natural (IMO) to be able to customize this aspect.