Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:47:58 -0500

gl wrote:

>> It seems to me that it's reasonable to assume that if a user puts
>> replaygain tags on their files, they mean to use them. If a performer
>> distributes their files with replaygain tags, they're also meant to
>> be used.
>
> Disagree, I never play with replaygain - if I get some files tagged
> with it, I don't care what the originator wanted, I don't want it
> automatically enabled.

Are you saying you'd even know or care if replaygain was used? How would
you possibly detect it if it was always on?

 If the original album from the artist was encoded with it, it's exactly
the same case as if they encoded it at a specific gain level.

If you're really that anal-retentive about it, have some care about your
library and strip the tags.