Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:35:23 +0100

> alex wallis wrote:
>>
>> but if I understand your idea right, this would mean a user then has two
>> things to alter if they want to change both pitch and speedh. I like
>> having the flexibility of the three settings of just pitch, pitch and
>> speed together and just speed. Removing one would create more work for a
>> user if they want to change them together.
>

> How often do you want to increase the pitch exactly the same amount as the
> speed increase, so that the pitch is 30% higher AND the runtime of the
> file is 30% shorter? It's only for these very specific cases that there
> would be more for the user to do.
Well actually, I use the option of being able to change both at the same
time quite a bit when listening to music. Some times I just change the pitch
without speed, though this is less frequent, but I do use all three modes.
I just feel having all three modes gives a maximum level of flexibility to a
user.