Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:21:17 +0100

>> Disagree, I never play with replaygain - if I get some files tagged
>> with it, I don't care what the originator wanted, I don't want it
>> automatically enabled.
>
> Are you saying you'd even know or care if replaygain was used? How would
> you possibly detect it if it was always on?

Because I want my files as minimally processed as possible. And I want to
preserve the original recording level. Why is not relevant, the option to
do it is important.

> If you're really that anal-retentive about it, have some care about your
> library and strip the tags.

And maybe I just should drop Rockbox and go back to vinyl. Just because
it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not to anyone else (and being
insulting doesn't further your argument).

--
gl