Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: David Johnston <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:51:51 -0700

> In summmary, you've identified three improvements...
> 1) Enable timestretch by default
> 2) Display speed based on user's perception, not on algorithm parameter.
> 3) Swap pitchscreen axes on wheel targets

The changes I'm currently working on (which are just about complete)
take care of #2. Also, I changed it so that there are two pitch
screen mode variables: percent/semitone and

With the scrollwheel issue, though, I wonder if it _would_ be better
to have three pitch screen modes: speed only, pitch only, and
pitch+speed (non-timestretch). Then pitch and pitch+speed would also
be togglable to semitone mode, and speed and pitch+speed would have
the 2% nudge. I know in my case I rarely have occasion to modify both
pitch and speed at the same time, so it wouldn't be a great loss to
have the two on different screens when using timestretching.