Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:47:53 -0500

gl wrote:

> Ah, the power of denial. I can think of a few texts that describe you
> perfectly - I think you'd find them anything but 'tone free'. There
> is no tone-free text.
There's plenty of tone free text. Apparently though, there are very few
tone free readers.

> Let's see if you can take what you dish out (remember it's tone free):
>
> The idea that someone's library needs to have perfect tags, that if a
> single file (regardless of origin) is tagged a certain way, Rockbox
> will enable some unexpected feature is moronic and short-sighted
> (how's that for tone? And I'm being diplomatic).

Tone-free doesn't change the meaning of words. But, I have noted that
you simply called the idea idiotic rather than calling me personally
idiotic here. Being someone who can actually read things tone free, I'm
not offended, since I'm capable of accepting that you have an opinion
different from me about the idea. See, I'm actually capable of not being
offended because you're challenging my idea, even if "moronic and
short-sighted" doesn't tell me *why* it is, the one thing I've been
asking for this whole time.

> For someone who thinks of their 'oversight' ability as highly as you
> do, it's utterly bizarre how you can't see how idiotic it actually is.

Tell me - where did I say I think highly of 'oversight' ability in
myself? I don't even know what you mean by this.

> Tags are all over the place, files come from different destinations,
> not everybody even knows how to change them. Should every user really
> 'analy-retentively' keep their tags perfectly organised at all times,
> just to please your own anal-rentive need to be right at all cost
> about a stupid suggestion?

I recognize that people disagree with me. I asked (several times) for
more information. Seriously, I'm not trying to argue them into agreeing
with me - it's rather clear they won't. I'm trying to understand all the
facets of their side. I don't need people to agree with me. I just need
to make up my own mind on the issue, and that's all that I'm here for. I
have absolutely no reason to try to convince them. Opinions like "I
don't like it" don't tell me why it's a bad idea, they just reiterate
again and again what was said early on - that they don't like it.