Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Jonas Häggqvist <>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:38:23 +0200

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> 2009/6/28 Jonas Häggqvist <>:
>> FS#10391
> I dont know if this should go in... unlike font and wps filenames, the
> .cfg can be loaded from anywhere, so just assuming that it will be
> loaded from the themes dir is a bad assumption.

If the user has gone through the trouble of loading a theme from somewhere
other than the theme dir, I think it's fair to expect that the user should
understand what's going on.

> Also the fact that
> changeing any "theme" setting will make the selection technically
> wrong...

Again, I don't see how this will be surprising to the user. The
alternative is that a random theme (the one that sorts first) is selected.
At least most of the settings will probably still be from the loaded theme.

> and finally, there is nothing stopping you from loading two
> theme .cfg's and have them work together.

Huh? At any rate, I don't see how it will be surprising that the most
recently loaded one of the two is selected?

Jonas Häggqvist