Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:45:30 -0500

Jonas Häggqvist wrote:
> Still, the alternative is to select a random theme (the one sorted first).
> I believe a "best effort" (which will in fact often be 100% correct) is
> better than not trying at all.
It's not random. In many screens (folder for example) when you enter the
folder, the first sorted item is always selected. Users are used to this

If a user's changed their .wps manually, and then goes there and it
shows "CabbieV2" selected, they're going to think it's a bug.

If we're going to change this, we really ought to do the same for
They're basically the same concept - things that can be changed by other
means, but we *could* easily remember the last file loaded.

But I really think always starting at the top of the list is not going
to create problems for users - since it says "Browse" themes they can
probably figure out it's not a simple setting.

Another alternative, of course, is to either disable manual changing of
theme settings, or possibly any time a theme is changed save (or update)
a custom.cfg file in the theme folder that becomes selected, so that a
user can easily "recover" their customized theme settings if they change
to a preset theme, and so users can instantly see upon entering the
folder that they're not using one of the themes in the list any more.