Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:33:18 +0200

On 29.06.2009 00:17, Paul Louden wrote:
> Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Resume, as mentioned in the task.
> I did not ask which one the task does go to. I asked which it "should"
> go to.
>
> Specifically, I'm not sure it's obvious that ended playback should
> result in a resume on power on. If a playlist ends, because you set
> repeat "off" and then the player idle poweroffs, you may be just as
> likely to not want it to resume on startup in that situation.

I'd also say it should go to WPS in that situation. "Repeat" refers to
the continuous operation IMO. If the player is powered off, it's no
"repeat" anymore. If the start screen is set to WPS that means (for me
at least) that the user would like to (automatically) hear music after
power on. This patch would enable that in 99.9% of cases (0.1% being the
case of the first installation of Rockbox -- there is no playlist then :-).