Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Al Le <Al.Le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:41:29 +0200

> On the other hand, if "repeat" is set to "no" that means "I want the
> music to stop after we reach the end of the playlist and not start until
> I manually resume playback or select a new song."

I'd agree with this fully with one addition: if no power off happens in between.

> There's a difference between booting up and resuming a playlist
> in-progress, and booting up and starting a playlist that had ended.

I've always understood the setting "Start screen = WPS" as "Please press the PLAY button for me once the player is up". And hence would expect the playback to be started in that case. I.e. whenever pressing PLAY after power up would start playback, "Start screen = WPS" should do it too IMO.

This is my intuitive expectation. But, to be frank, I do not use this feature, i.e. my start screen is not set to WPS. Hence my opinion doesn't have to weigh much. We should hear from others who really use it (GodEater?).