Subject: Runtime Estimation

Runtime Estimation

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:59:47 -0700

Just a heads up:
Runtime estimation works really poorly on a lot of SWCODEC targets, but it works well enough for some people so its good to support it on new targets IMO. Towards this end I've changed the way it works so that if a target doesn't define a value in it's config-targetname.h file, it gets a nonsense value. Previously it got the Archos value which was very misleading. Using an obviously wrong value is meant to remind people working on new ports that they should include a current estimate.
Unfortunately a *lot* of supported targets don't have any current define, so they'll now show you a nonsense value if you try to use runtime estimation. If anyone wants to estimate how much current (in mA) any of these targets uses, they commit it, or send it to me and I'll do the same.
Mike