Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:57:18 -0700

2009/6/29 Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>:
> Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>>
>> That actually solves a problem though, The problem being that creating
>> themes was a PITA before.... what this thread/patch proposes doesnt
>> add anything and just creates more wierdness and potential problems
>>

> Plus it proves that we aren't treating themes like any other cfg.
>
> Why are you so against any proposal?

You are reading far more into my argument again.... I disagree with
the change, but certainly not enough to kick up a stink later on if
I'm outvoted.

> I imagine having the last loaded theme showed as modified with giving the
> user a possiblity to "save as..." is a very nice feature (plus that's what
> the major OSes also do).
>
> Best regards.

And how are you going to show the theme has been modified?

Also, (to steal one of Lloreans arguments...), what is the point of
hiughlighting the currently(-sorry, last selected) theme anyway? the
only reason to go into that list is to *change* the theme and in that
case there is never a need to know which the last theme was.