Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:56:51 +0200

Paul Louden wrote:

> And if a user then changes the setting back? Such as changing fonts,
> realizing it doesn't work with the theme, then fixing the font, what
> then? We may get users asking "It keeps telling me my theme is
> modified, but I don't think it is. What are the theme settings so I
> can check them all?" or similar. It's simply a way to introduce
> unnecessary confusion for users who know just enough to get themselves
> into trouble.

This is a one time thing, covered by the manual. They'll learn, ask, or
read what it means, then get used to it pretty quickly. And love it.

Also, I don't understand why user confusion is an excuse for a feature
some of us like to have/implement. Are we going to reject work based on
the user confusion *some* people expect or do we weight the work
developers put into it and the demand for it over it?

Best regards.