Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 02:22:42 -0500

Thomas Martitz wrote:

> Do you really think we can never have features which don't require the
> manual at all? We are making a OS, not some sort of check
> point-and-click app for aiding ebay bidding. And this is a thing which
> you need to read *once* about (if at all, depending on how we mark the
> entry it could be just obvious since known from desktop apps), we
> already have plenty of his situations.

I'm not saying we should never do it - I'm saying we shouldn't do it in
cases where nothing significant is gained. In this case, the added
feature is VERY minor, and not even particularly beneficial. Requiring
the manual to understand what's happening in the case of a feature that
makes the UI inconsistent and doesn't actually solve any existing
problem anyway seems a bad idea.