Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:04:37 +0200

On 30.06.2009 09:20, pondlife wrote:
>> I'd agree with this fully with one addition: if no power off happens in
>> between.
>
> I disgree with this a little, it seems counter-intuitive and overly complex.
>
> The basic change needed is that, on playlist end, we reset the playlist
> pointer to the start (exactly as we would for repeat all), then stop
> playback if repeat is set to off.

Yes, but you answer does not address the "dimension" of power-off. With
the current SVN, if the start screen is set to WPS, and I stop the
playback (manually) and then switch off the player, the playback starts
automatically after the nect power on. So even if the playback was
stopped "the last time" it will start the next time. I don't see a
reason to differentiate *why* the playback stopped the last time.

And again: I consider "Start screen = WPS" as an automatic press of PLAY
(or selecting "resume playback" from the menu) after power on, and hence
would expect the same reaction.