Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:59:44 +0100 (BST)

pondlife wrote:
>> If I play a playlist to the end, and then hit the PLAY button, I get a
>> message "Nothing to resume", and that is entirely logical.
>
> It's just that it could be slightly more useful - if it instead restarted
> the last (i.e. current) playlist from the start. Extra functionality for
> no
> cost (I think). And a more reliable alarm clock!

Don't equate "extra functionality" with "better functionality" - the 2 are
often not the same!!! :-)

Also, better for you != better for me, necessarily.

I have to say it doesn't seem too useful to me. Often, when picking up my
player in the morning, I can't remember where I was up to listening last
time. I just hit PLAY, and if I was in the middle of a playlist it
resumes, otherwise I get told that there is nothing to resume. That seems
the most logical to me.

For it to re-start playing the album I just finished listened to yesterday
evening is really NOT what I want.

For your example of using it as an alarm clock, surely setting REPEAT on
is the best solution for you?
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted