Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:20:52 -0500

pondlife wrote:

> Ah, gotcha.
>
> Personally, I would want it to restart automatically in this case - because
> it would be consistent and (particularly) for use as an alarm clock. But I
> might have missed an earlier message giving a case where the opposite
> behaviour would be desirable, feel free to restate such cases for my benefit
> ;-)

My worry is that the current behaviour is known to a lot of users. If
you let a playlist end, and idle shutdown, you will not be deafened if
you turn your player on with headphones on.. It's a known, independent
of what the start screen is.

To me, there's a difference between "start playback" and "resume
playback." If repeat is "Off" playback actually ends. Rebooting
shouldn't start playback, it should only allowed to resume it if it
hasn't actually ended yet. There's a safety feature in this, but it's
also just a perception aspect for me.

As to the alarm clock thing - isn't this solved by simply using a sleep
timer rather than letting the playlist end?