Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

Am Di, 30.06.2009, 20:20, schrieb Paul Louden:
> pondlife wrote:
>>
>> Ah, gotcha.
>>
>> Personally, I would want it to restart automatically in this case -
>> because
>> it would be consistent and (particularly) for use as an alarm clock. But
>> might have missed an earlier message giving a case where the opposite
>> behaviour would be desirable, feel free to restate such cases for my
>> benefit
>> ;-)

Me too!

I can't imagine some one uses repeat of + start screen for safety on
bootup, instead just not having the start screen being the wps.

> As to the alarm clock thing - isn't this solved by simply using a sleep
> timer rather than letting the playlist end?

Not what I call solved.

For what's it worth, I agree fully with fml and pondlife. The current
behavior doesn't make sense for me. The behavior of the patch without the
bootup part even less.

I'd actually consider using repeat off if we had this change. I don't as
of now.

Can anyone tell me a media player which refuses to restart the playlist of
it played out and repeat was off?

Best regards.