Subject: Ladies and gentlemen ...

Ladies and gentlemen ...

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:13:25 +0200

... we have sound on the Meizu M3!

The sound was the first two seconds of "On my way" by Giovanca, as a raw
wav statically compiled in the Meizu bootloader (we can't run a "normal
rockbox" yet on the Meizus).

So, it's not a full song yet, but it does prove that the audio codec
communication, PCM and DMA basically work. The driver for the audio
codec used in this Meizu M3 (UDA1380) could be re-used from the iRiver
Hxxx code (and will probably require some modifications that are cleaner
than my current hacks).

I think the next big step in this port will be getting the NAND flash
to work (read-only at first) and booting an actual rockbox image.

Kind regards,
Bertrik