Subject: Re: Packaging for Debian/Ubuntu

Re: Packaging for Debian/Ubuntu

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:00:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Robert Keevil wrote:

> It's not really a suitable package for inclusion into the main Debian
> distribution, since it changes so frequently

I work in a project with bi-monthly releases (which is far more frequent than
rbutil) and yet it is packaged and shipped with Debian since many years... So
no, I don't think frequency is a particular argument against a Debian package.

I think the fact that we provide a fine single binary that can be downloaded
and run fine is an argument, since a Debian package doesn't really add a lot.