Subject: Re: Packaging for Debian/Ubuntu

Re: Packaging for Debian/Ubuntu

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 00:41:05 +0200

Dominik Riebeling wrote:
> On 7/9/09, Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
>> The main blocker is the fact that rbutil is still a 1-binary app,
>> statically linking Qt stuff. IIRC that's a no-go for packaging.
>
> This is completely nonsense. Please don't state such things if you
> don't know about it.

What is an issue, however, is that rbutil uses its own libspeex rather
than linking against the system libspeex.

This will not fly.

And frankly, if the rbutil<->server communication changes often enough
that it's going to end up broken in Debian Stable, I doubt the package
would be accepted at all.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk