Subject: Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

From: Wincent Balin <wincent.balin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:46:36 +0200

Dear Rockbox developers,

cheer and rejoice, for PDBox makes the sound which was intended! The
plug-in loads and plays a simple sine sound of 220 Hz, which is what the
Pure Data design in the file pdpod_test.pd (details on Wiki page
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PureDataOnRockbox )
specifies. The devices on which PDBox works at this stage are iriver
H320 and H120.

Now to the technical side. PDBox compiles without warnings and makes
simple sounds. What still does not work is the loading of audio files;
this is because of subtle differences between file handling in Rockbox
and in UNIX (it seems that in Rockbox absolute file names are
necessary); hence quite a lot of other pdbox interna still remain
untested. If the rest of pdbox works without problems, then the first
milestone is reached and I can proceed with the second one -- writing a
GUI. A (small, I hope) problem I foresee is the networking callback in
Pure Data, i.e. how often and by which code should it be called.

Sincerely yours,

   Wincent Balin