Subject: Afterthoughts to FS#10359 (Pitch screen improvements)

Afterthoughts to FS#10359 (Pitch screen improvements)

From: Al Le <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:01:37 +0200

I was somewhat surprised by the size of the red size delta caused by FS#10359 (committed with r21781). Now I try to find a way to reduce the bin size. I don't see an obvious place but I have the following idea.

As of now, in semitone mode, the pitch is changed in 0.1 semitone steps. I think if we'd made it in 0.5 semitone steps some calculations would be simplified -> bin size reduction.

And IMO nobody needs such fine steps. If you need a very fine tuning, you can still use the procentual mode.

So if nobody votes against making semitone steps bigger (0.1 -> 0.5) I'll prepare a patch.

Or if anybody sees another place where the code size could be reduced please tell me.

Thank you.

Jetzt freischalten unter