Subject: Re: Switching to the new distributed build system

Re: Switching to the new distributed build system

From: Jonas Häggqvist <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:49:29 +0200

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> hey,
> doesnt work on OSX, bogomips fails and uname -o isnt supported.

I suggest the following solutions to OS X related issues:

1. Stop caring about bogomips - they're not used anymore, and they are
indeed very bogus.

2. Use "uname -s" (or plain uname without arguments, same thing). -o is a
GNU extension and -s is just as useful.

3. Demanding that people specify the number of cores manually if we can't
detect it. We're not going to get the number of cores right everywhere anyway.

Alternative to 3. is something with system_profiler:

Jonas Häggqvist