Subject: Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

From: Wincent Balin <wincent.balin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:25:51 +0200

Hello to all Rockbox developers,

the former week I was embroiled into an evaluation of possible memory
manager for PDBox. I tested the (already used) dbestfit, TLSF and
produced my own one (called wfirstfit) too. The results are mixed.

There is a problem which is yet to localize with PDBox playing PD
patches which use audio files. pdpod_l8p.pd plays distorted, and
pdpod_drums.pd segfaults in the sim (on target -- illegal instruction).
For now I am sticking with TLSF, because it make pdpod_l8p.pd playing
possible at all.

Next stage of development is the GUI. The two working patches both have
a GUI -- pdpod_fm.pd the standard one and pdpod_test.pd the custom one,
so it is possible to test how GUI behaves.

Sincerely yours,

Wincent Balin

P.S.: I might return to this memory error later. I discovered, that
using my own (the least tested) memory allocator allowed the otherwise
unmodified PD-anywhere binary to run correctly. Therefore I am in search
of tools which record what function were called, so I can see which
function calls are missing in PDBox. Does anybody know of such tools?