Subject: Adding RM support - Weekly update

Adding RM support - Weekly update

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:17:39 +0300

Hi all.

Major update : now we support aac-in-rm audio files !
I haven't decided yet what the next codec should be, but it's going to be
either ac3 or atrac.
AC3 is already supported in rockbox (liba52), and structures the audio data
in a very similar way to how cook does it, so it should be relatively easy
to add support for.
ATRAC would be a new codec for rockbox, plus, I might have to make the fixed
point conversion myself so it obviously would need much more time than AC3.
The matter of the next codec is open for discussion and here's what I think
:
Since AC3 wouldn't take much time, it should be added first for more generic
RM support. ATRAC could be done afterwards and I may even continue working
on it after gsoc ends.
That's it for this week. Oh, and I might take a couple of days before
resuming working on the project. :)
--
MT