Subject: Re: fs #10336

Re: fs #10336

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:28:43 +0100

> Hi Alex,
>
> OK, I've done a quick resync, but not tested the patch - please do so and
> report back on Flyspray.
>
>> but presumably if your holding down the joystick to go to the end or
>> beginning of a list of files or menus, you should already know where you
>> want to be and what you will hear.
>> the speech not interrupting isn't really an issue for menus, but I don't
>> want to hear a massive folder name if I know that's where I was aiming
>> for in the first place in the file browser, but of course mine is one
>> oppinion, so I say let the majority rule.
>
> I see your point, but still think this should be a seperate patch. Hiow
> does the current (unpatched) code handle this situation?

I am not arguing about the interruption of the speech being a separate
patch.

However in answer to your question, if you remember the hole point of fs#
10336 is that without it the speech does not announce an item when you
scroll to the beginning or end of a list by holding up or down.
10336 simply makes the speech announce items at the end or beginning of a
list if you scroll to it by holding up or down.

or was your question what happens if you are on a file or folder name and
release the joystick. well, in that event the name is spelled out. I don't
have a problem with this, as if you are just scrolling by single up or down
movements of the joystick you need to keep track of where you are. but if
you are scrolling to the end or the beginning my argument is you should know
where you are going to end up, and so it would be good if releasing the
joystick cut the speech off.