Subject: Re: fs #10336

Re: fs #10336

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:41:38 +0100

> or was your question what happens if you are on a file or folder name and
> release the joystick. well, in that event the name is spelled out. I don't
> have a problem with this, as if you are just scrolling by single up or
> down movements of the joystick you need to keep track of where you are.
> but if you are scrolling to the end or the beginning my argument is you
> should know where you are going to end up, and so it would be good if
> releasing the joystick cut the speech off.

Yes, this is what I meant.

If simply releasing the button were to truncate voice output, then it would
do it even if you're only moving up and down one item at a time and that
would make voice navigation useless.

I suppose it could do this:
a) Only if the button was held (i.e. you moved multiple items due to key
repeat)?
b) Or only if you're at the top/bottom of a list?
c) Or only if both of the above apply?

I'd prefer to keep it simple... ;-)

pondlife