Subject: Re: teru r22143: trunk/apps/plugins

Re: teru r22143: trunk/apps/plugins

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 23:23:50 +0200

Teruaki, I have a few questions/remarks w.r.t to that revision.

First of all, please try to do more atomic commits, i.e. 1 related
change per commit. You touched several plugins for several reasons which
doesn't help tracking changes (the point of a version control system).

Then, secondly, I don't understand most of your changes to bubbles. They
mostly revert what I did yesterday.

a) saving highlevel to separate file. Not really a problem, but not
really needed either IMO (bubbles has already 4 files now...). In this
run, you removed the way to load the highest level from the high scores.
Is there a reason why you did that?
b) highlevel cannot contain level 100 anymore (which was why I moved
code in bubbles_nextlevel() where it was and why I introduced the
MIN()), that doesn't really matter as it's only used for picking the
level in the menu, but technically it's not correct.
c) You readded deleting the save file in bubbles_loadgame(). That means
it will be always removed, whether the game was actually resumed or not.
I really do not like this behavior.
d) You added some saving-stuff-to-disk code in the non-saving quit menu
item. I made it the other way (a quit item which saves everything and
one which doesn't save anything) to avoid disk spinups which was what
you desired, I just don't understand why you did that now.

[e)] You reverted many of my yesterday's changes. I would really welcome
if you talk to developers before reverting parts of their code which
they've done very recently (i.e. when they still remember why they've
done it this way).

Best regards.