Subject: Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

Pure Data on Rockbox -- weekly update

From: Wincent Balin <wincent.balin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 04:20:02 +0200

Hello to all Rockbox developers,

good news first: PDBox has got it's GUI!

At least the already working example pdpod_test.pd works correctly.
The example pdpod_l8p.pd has a nice and complex GUI, but it's DSP chain
does not work right (some difficulties with operators for audio files).
The example pdpod_fm.pd is working in sim, but not on target. The example
pdpod_drums.pd fails, as earlier.

At this point I consider to include PDBox into the main build system,
first for iriver H300 only.

Now to the future: First I will try to profile PDBox to see what is that much
CPU-hungry when loading pdpod_fm.pd. Also, I had to boost the frequency of the CPU,
or else the GUI would not work at all. At this point the profiling is really needed,
as I would like to get rid of CPU boost at least for pdpod_test.pd.

Then I would like to simplify some floating point functions, as I found
nice replacements in dietlibc. The old bug which terminates PDBox when

Sincerely yours,
                                Wincent Balin