Subject: Re: teru r22143: trunk/apps/plugins

Re: teru r22143: trunk/apps/plugins

From: Teruaki Kawashima <>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:08:52 +0900

>> a) try to find the highlevel from the high scores is not correct. it's
>> my mistake to remove that code though, there is no need to do so...
> Didn't bubbles always do that though?
no. bubbles.score contained two data, one is highlevel and the other is
the high socres. which is the reason type of highlevel was struct highscore.

>> c) removing file causes disk access even though the file doesn't exist.
>> I agree that my change is not so good and better solution is needed.
>> same thing would be applied to other plugins like brickmania and jewels.
> I think my solution wasn't bad afterall. Bubbles always accessed the
> disk at resuming, so that's not really an argument. But, you removed a
> (imo) very useful feature, to play bubbles without messing up the saved
> game.
IMO, bubbles is impoved to not access disk when resume game.
I got one idea. how about check whether file is exists before try to
remove it when resume?

case 0: /* resume game */

will this work?

>> d) to match behavior with other plugins which use highscore.
> We don't need two quit items then, if both cause disk access, IMO.
but it doesn't always cause disk access as highscores are saved only if
they are changed.